Monday, October 17, 2005

#1

Welcome to my lame attempt at communication with the civilized world outside my own. Congratulations if you found me.

So it's 1:25 am on Sunday night. I'm still pumped from the big Astros win. Man, I'm such a Homer; I haven't shaved since Thursday, when the Astros first beat the Cardinals. And I won't shave until they lose. Anyone else doing that?

So I've been a bum today - didn't even brush my teeth. My wife doesn't care, so why should I? She paitently watched all the sports with me today. We had a late night Saturday, so we slept in today. Woke up at noon, watched the Cowboys, and had the Pittsburgh/Jacksonville game on the small TV. Then the Astros came on, and I kept the small TV on CBS for the NE/Denver game (suck it, Pats!). Then we ordered a pizza. The Astros won (!). Then we watched the postgame coverage from FSN on the big TV, put the small TV on Fox for the White Sox/Angels game (I hoped the Sox would win, but couldn't the Angels have put up a better fight? I mean, really!), and brought in another TV for the Texans/Seahawks game (I don't know why I even bother watching the Texans. They suck balls.). Here's hoping for 0-16, baby, and the #1 pick!
So after all that, Jen takes a shower and goes to bed, and I watch some stuff on Tivo and decide to start this blog thing.

Ok, let me tell you a bit about me:
My name is Cristian. I'm a percussion teacher that teaches private lessons for JH/HS and works with a drumline at Kempner HS in Sugar Land, TX. I live in Lake Jackson, TX with my beautiful wife Jennifer, who is a band director at Brazoswood HS in Clute. I love what I do, and wouldn't anything else (well, almost). All of my students are great, and the people I work with aren't so bad, either.
I am a ridiculously rabid sports fan, especially baseball, as my wife and friends can attest. Originally from San Antonio, TX, I am a passionate Spurs fan. A graduate of Stephen F. Austin State University, I keep up with my Lumberjacks. However, I am also a huge Texas Longhorn fan, as my family is from Austin. I've been an Astros fan all my life, or at least as long as I can remember, as well as a fan of the Texas Rangers. I also love the Boston Red Sox.

About that last part, I need to tell you a story. See, I'm not one of those dopes who has a brand-spankin' new Red Sox cap he got after Aaron Boone's shot in 2003 and only watches the Sox when they're on ESPN vs. the Yankees. No, I have been a Red Sox fan since 1986, when the Astros lost to the Mets in the NLCS. See, the Mets beat the Astros in 6 games after the (previously, until a week ago today) Longest Game in Playoff History as well as what many think was the Greatest Game Ever Played. So after I cried after that Game 6, I swore to never forgive the Mets. The Red Sox played the Mets in the World Series that year, and f&*^'in lost! Of course, we all know what happened. So, that year endeared the Red Sox to me. So don't tell me that I'm not a true fan. I was 8 when that happened, and I'll never, EVER forget that day.

Ok, back to me. Aside from the teams above, I also have a love for the Dallas Cowboys, and even the Houston Texans. I'll watch just about any game of any sport, though. Hockey, soccer, even. Ok, maybe just during the World Cup. I'd have to say baseball is my favorite sport, followed by college football, NBA, and the NFL.

Along with sports, I love music, film, and TV. In that order. I like drum corps, and home theater. I want to be a custom installer/designer when I "grow up". Classical music. Funk, Rock and Jazz. Jamming out with Tower of Power on a good music/home theater system is an experience few will ever forget.

When I'm not teaching or watching sports, I'm catching up on stuff that's piling up on my Tivo. Man, I'm telling you: If you don't have Tivo yet, you're dumb. I've got bunches of CSI: Miami, CSI, Law & Order, SVU, CI, and others. I've even got two Tivos so I can transfer recordings back and forth, so my wife and I don't have to fight over who gets to record what. So we get to watch sports in real time, whilst the Tivos record what we want. It's a win-win!

Ok, I know. This is a little long-winded. Sorry. I just hope to take a little bit of space here to tell the world about me and what I'm about. I'll be posting here often (I'm sure everybody says that), and you'll get to know me better. Until then, I hope you'll have a great day!

Cristian

1 Comments:

At Wed Oct 19, 12:44:00 AM CDT, Blogger Cristian Alcocer said...

Sheesh. This blog had only been up for about 2 hours, and the first comment is by a splogger. I'm a moron.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home