Monday, October 17, 2005

#4

Damn. We should have walked Pujols. I hate that guy like I hate Jeter. I was pacing around the living room, hopping around. I even brought in the radio so I could hear Milo Hamilton say, "The Astros win the pennant!" But alas, it wasn't to be. I feel like I did in '86, when Buckner missed that ball. Damn! This sucks. My friends were calling; Brett wanted to be on the phone with me when we won. This is the baseball gods saying, "Meet me in St. Louie. One last time."

Now I'm watching the FSN Houston coverage of the post-game. Dana Larson and Emily Jones are anchoring, and they even look deflated. Damn. This sucks.

Now I still have to go to the grocery store for stuff. I've been putting it off all week, for sports watching, but we need milk for tomorrow. I guess I can shave now. And Tuesday night I'll be wearing my black Astros polo, since I was wearing my jersey tonight. Damn. This sucks.

I guess we worked Brad Lidge too much the past 3 days. I thought at least that we would walk Pujols, and strike out Sanders with the bases loaded, a sort of poetic justice; Lidge has struggled all series, walking people and giving up hits, but giving up only one run. At least he'll have a day to rest. Plus, we've got Roy and Roger up the next 2 games, but remember, Roger lost Game 7 last year. Damn. This sucks.

Jen is even sad. She's recuperating by watching Oprah on Tivo. I hate that show. I think she's a hypocrite and flaunts her money all over the place. How many f'*&%$ shows do you need with your rich celebrity friends talking about the gift packs they got at the Emmys and all their $1 million birthday parties? Sure, she catches molesters and tells women they need better bras, but this whole show is now just a huge tax write-off for her.

OK, so I'm taking it out on Oprah. I'll post later or in the morning. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home