Tuesday, October 18, 2005

#5

The day after...

Man, this morning sucked. I stayed up until 3 last night hoping it was a dream. I woke up at 9, and checked all the sports sites. Bill Simmons is a great columnist on ESPN and is a huge Red Sox fan. He has a lot of cool things to say on today's column. But dude, I don't ANY fan deserved last night; I wouldn't even wish this on a Yankee fan. All over the radio today, Astros fans were saying they called in sick today, and are predicting a Cardinals sweep from now on to get to the World Series. I don't know about that; I think it will be tougher for the 'Stros to win, but Roy is up next, and roger after that, and I think the Cards have a tougher road ahead than us. I mean, they have to win out, and we have to only win one. I like our odds. But I'll still wear my lucky shirt and cook spaghetti (cause I started to cook that in the 17th inning last week, and we won), just in case.

Remember, I am originally from San Antonio, and have only been living in the Houston area for a year and a half. But I really like this area, and hope that the Astros can bring something other than an NBA title to the city. Now, I hope they never bring another NBA title here, as my Spurs are set to kick some more butt this year. But I'm beginning to think this city is cursed. Think about it: 1980, 1986 and 2004 NLCS heartbreakers, the Oilers Choke in Buffalo, the incredible upset by NC State over Houston in the NCAA Championship, and the HotShots. Okay, maybe not so much the last one, but close. See what I mean? Maybe Houston is the new Boston or Chicago. We'll see by Thursday night.

Back later tonight or tomorrow. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home