Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Dow update #2

I asked a few of my students to ask their parents about the plumes I saw today. One of my kids called me back, and this is what he said:

"My dad said the smoke was a controlled grass fire at the wildlife preserve."
I told him, "Now ask your dad if that's what really happened, or if that's what Dow is gonna tell everybody."
"What?"
"You know, I've watched enough X-Files to know that the truth isn't always what's said."
"I'm not gonna say that."
"Well, tell him I'm just kidding. But be sure to ask your mom, too."
"Okay. I will. Bye."

My kids are cool. I know that kid's dad, and he's a good guy. I'm not sure I buy the grass fire explanation, though. That plume was pretty well-defined and controlled to be a "controlled grass fire". I'm not saying the Dow Fire Dept. isn't good; I'm just saying that I've never seen a controlled grass fire be THAT controlled. Anyway, here's hoping you don't get rashes or the like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home