Thursday, October 20, 2005

#7

ASTROS WIN! THE ASTROS WIN THE PENNANT! Congratulations to Roy Oswalt, who pitched a 7-inning gem, for winning the NLCS MVP.

I wrote this great entry, but somehow it didn't make it in, so I'll just be brief-ish.

I wore my lucky black Astros polo shirt, cooked spaghetti (my lucky meal) and drank Ziegenbock beer. All winners. Plus, I shaved yesterday, so that helped, too. Can you imagine if I were actually playing? I'd be a mess of superstitions.

I'm so excited right now. I was watching 3 tv's of coverage, and thought FSN was best. But local Fox 26 had Kevin Bass on, and the other locals were at bars and downtown streets talking to people. It was almost as funny as 1999 in San Antonio when the Spurs won their first championship. Now, I don't have as much joy as when the Spurs made it into all three of their championship series, but this is a close fourth. I can't believe I'm saying that. I take that back. This is a second only to the 2003 Championship by the Spurs, only because David Robinson was retiring after that season. But this may be Bagwell's and Clemens' last seasons, so I'm happy for them, as well. But Houston, congratulations. I'm proud of them.

Now I have to try to settle down and get to sleep. We have UIL Marching Contest tomorrow, and I bet the kids will be tired after tonight. But they've worked hard the past 2 days, and I think we'll do okay. At least this will undoubtedly be the best performance by Kempner HS in many years, but I want them get a I. Hopefully they'll execute like we know they are capable of, and they'll be rewarded. We go on at 7:20 pm at Mercer Stadium in Sugar Land. Wish us luck.

That's all for now. Man, I wish what I'd written earlier hadn't been mysteriously erased. Oh well. See ya tomorrow.

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home