Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I got my first woot!

I love Woot. It's so interesting to see what they have. One day it's a bagel toaster. The next it's a 61" DLP TV. But it's only for one day, and when they've sold out, they're DONE. Sometimes the stuff is new, sometimes it's refurbished. But I think it's always a good value.

Anyway, I bought this. Two-way FRS radios that you can hang on your neck. I got this for two reasons:

1. Evacuations: When Jen and I evacuated for Rita, we took two cars (I know, that was selfish and all, but we packed our cars with our most precious belongings -- including Jen's wedding dress -- and we needed the space), and whenever we tried to call one another, we couldn't get through, because the circuits were busy. With these radios, that won't/shouldn't be a problem.
2. Marching rehearsals: Sometimes during marching season I get on the tower to listen/watch what's going on with my drumline and/or pit/front ensemble. So instead of screaming down to the snares, "Hey snares! Watch your left hand diddles and chiggida chut chuts! And stop rushing, tenors!" Or to the pit, "Hey, marimbas, can you try playing that part with a dead stroke while running metal chains along the cymbal? And timpani, I swear if you're flat again on that F, I'm gonna punch you in the face!"

So that's why I wooted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home