Thursday, March 02, 2006

Watching TV

I've already spoken about the virtues of TiVo. I get to watch my programs without commercials, and fast-forward through the boring parts. That cuts an hour-long program down to about 45 minutes, 40 if it's a CSI where they show them collecting DNA off of bed sheets with a techno beat going. So here's what I watch, nay, TiVo, on which channels, but I end up watching them later:

Sundays:
Cold Case - CBS (Plus TNT reruns on Tuesdays)
Law Order: Criminal Intent - NBC (Plus the reruns that I haven't seen on
USA and Bravo every day.)
Desperate Housewives - ABC
Grey's Anatomy - ABC
Boondocks - Cartoon Network (Better than current South Park, but not the early SP.)
The 4400 -USA (Bad production, bad actors, but GREAT story, so good show. Also on hiatus.)

Mondays:
How I Met Your Mother - CBS (Suit up!)
CSI: Miami - CBS (Plus reruns on A that I haven't
seen on Sundays, but I think I've caught up since Season 1 now.)
Wanted - TNT (It's on hiatus right now)

Tuesdays:
Law Order: Special Victims Unit - NBC (With USA syndication almost every day, but, like CSI: Miami, I think I've seen 'em all.)
Commander in Chief -ABC
American Idol - Fox (But only the first three weeks)
Daisy Does America - TBS (HILARIOUS, but on hiatus right now)
The Closer - TNT (Awesome. I'm a sucker for cop shows.)

Wednesdays:
Law Order - NBC (also TNT, if I haven't seen it and it
doesn't interfere with other shows)
Criminal Minds -CBS (Better than the CSI's, imho)
CSI: New York - CBS (Worst of the three CSI's)
Invasion - ABC (sucks balls, but I've invested too much time already to quit watching. I picked the wrong "Aliens invade Earth but no one realizes it until it's too late because they look like humans" show. But like I said, I've invested too much. And I can't watch Surface or Threshold because I've missed too much, even though I KNOW they have to be better than this albatross.)
South Park - Comedy Central (Still great)

Thursdays:
The Office - NBC
CSI - CBS (Also Spike reruns, but I've caught up now)
Without a Trace - CBS (and TNT)

Fridays:
Numbers - CBS
Close to Home - CBS
In Justice - ABC

Saturdays:
Rollergirls - A ( I know, but it's in Austin, a city that I have family in and I love going there.)
Dallas SWAT - A (Again, I know, but I love cop shows, and I know Dallas really well, so it's cool to see a city I know on TV.)

Every Day:
Good Eats - Food Network (Alton Brown is funny, and Jennifer and I enjoy watching it while we eat dinner. We've seen them all, so it's awesome when we get a new one every now and then on the TiVo.)

Want to Watch, but missed the boat the first season so now I need to catch up on the DVD:
NYPD: Blue (I've already watched Season 1, but don't have time to watch the rest yet.)
24
Lost
American Dad
Family Guy
Arrested Development
Homicide: Life on the Street
Surface
Threshold
Everyone Hates Chris
My Name is Earl


Remember, I've got two TiVo's, so that's how we record all these programs. It's great, since I can transfer shows back and forth between the living room and bedroom TiVos, as well as put them on my laptop for when I go out of town. That is, if I don't take one of my TiVos with me...

So that's what I watch. Obviously I'm addicted to crime dramas and cop shows. I guess I like seeing justice done, in a perfect world, since it doesn't happen in ours. Plus I like the science part. Usually I'm backlogged about a week, but that's ok. It keeps me not bored. But on top of that, there are a couple of shows coming out now that others are being cancelled that I want to watch that I won't be able to watch, such as Conviction and The Evidence, since they'll be on at the same time as other shows. I guess I'll catch the reruns during the summer.

Jennifer also likes to TiVo House Hunters on HGTV (it helps her sleep), Oprah, ABC World News Tonight, Iron Chef America, Best Week Ever, Web Junk, Saturday Night Live (live and E!), America's Next Top Model, Real World/Road Rules Challenge or the Gauntlet (I hate MTV), and Dancing With the Stars.

How about you?

1 Comments:

At Thu Mar 02, 08:56:00 PM CST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I noticed you mentioned "How I Met Your Mother" in one of your blog posts. I run "www.howimetyourmother.org", a fansite for the show. I am trying to create a place for fans and was hoping I could get a link from anywhere on your blog. I'd be incredibly greateful.

Thanks so much and keep on bloggin'. I'd love to hear back if you have the time too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home