Saturday, October 22, 2005

#8

Preparations for Game 1 have begun. I'm going shopping today for steaks and snacks, getting ready for both the UT/TTech game and the first game of the World Series. Already my picks for this weekend's college games are bust. Northwestern is walloping Michigan St. in the 4th, and Missouri and Nebraska are tied (I picked Mizzou). I hope UT wins. They need it. There's still a stigma around that OU win, and with (the) Ohio State not as dominant as expected, they need a convincing win over another good team. However, Tech just hasn't played anyone worth mentioning.

As for the UIL contest on Thursday, Kempner got straight 1's! They were so proud of themselves, and they deserved to be. I was so happy for them, for doing as well as they were capable of. When I was in the stands listening to the show, I almost got teary-eyed. I was so proud of them, especially my percussion kids. They NAILED it! That was the best performance they've ever done, whether run-through, rehearsal, sectional, whatever. Absolutely the best. Unbelievable.

While you're heare, check out this link for Apollo XVIII, a Houston band that is full of rabid Astros fans. They've got a couple of songs out about the Astros, but check out "The Good Guys". Catchy, and very annoying if it gets stuck in your head. I've been humming it all week.

Update will come later. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home